February 24th, 2015, 1:28 am
WOW! I apologize for the unexpected hiatus!!
I recently got a new part-time position as a social media promoter for an American manga publisher, and have also been doing more Japanese-English translating work than before both for the Huffington Post and for GEN Manga.
I'll leave links below to the articles and books I've been working on!
I still have a variety of art projects going on (including a prospective large mural), but have not had time as of late to get much uploaded onto any of my sites. Unfortunately, due to the time consuming nature of my other work at the moment, Farewell Feeling will continue to be on hiatus for the time being.
I hope you will continue to watch and follow me on my Tumblr website (lilyhana.us) and my deviantArt (rain-and-sunshine) as I am trying to return to having more of an online presence again. I may even revive my Twitter soon! It's a new year; anything is possible!
As promised, here are the links to the Huffington articles I translated:
1) Japan in the aftermath of the tsunami: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/29/japan-tsunami-aftermath_n_6335250.html
2) Unusual recipes for using extra mochi: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/recipe-blog-news-agency/delicious-mochi-recipes_b_6489094.html
3) The giant old man in Japan's sky: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/19/japan-giant-floating-face_n_6355148.html
4) Cat learns to use a toilet: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/28/cat-flushes-toilet-video_n_6227792.html
And these are the GEN Manga books I have been working on:
1) Anomal: http://genmanga.com/books/anomal/index.html
2) Kamen 02: http://genmanga.com/books/kamen_v2/index.html
3) Stones of Power: http://genmanga.com/books/stonesofpower/index.html
Some of my work for GEN Manga (such as their online-only Eden series) has not yet been put into print form but can be read on genmanga.com.
I am still available for both commissions and new taking on new students (drawing or Japanese language) if you or someone you know is interested! For more information, just email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit lilyhana.us !
Thank you for your patience, and I hope you are all having a fabulous 2015 so far.
(Also: I am going to try and go through my backed up messages soon, but if you wrote to me and never heard back please feel free to poke me again with my email address: email@example.com!